Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Long Live The Hartford Whalers

When I created a Twitter account based on bringing the Hartford Whalers back, I was not sure what to expect. Would people care? Would there actually be people that were still die-hard fans and craving the return of the Hartford Whalers like me? Since I joined Twitter and began blogging, I have been pleasantly surprised. Several people have engaged in Twitter conversations with me and have been excited about my attempt to blog about this idea for school... the belief that the Whalers will someday return to Hartford is still in the air! It is hard to explain the excitement/joy that I feel about this. Some have described us crazy Whalers fanatics as a cult...but I have to ask one question: have you ever seen a group of fans this passionate about a team that no longer exists?

Whenever I see someone wearing a Whalers jersey or t-shirt, I always say hello and attempt to tell them that I too am a lunatic fan! Or...if someone is wearing a Bruins jersey or shirt, I tell them that it would be better if they were representing Hartford!

Do any of you do this too or am I alone in my crazy antics?! Comment back with your stories!

Thanks for the support and long live the Hartford Whalers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment