Sunday, March 6, 2011

#bringbacktheWhalers!

Did I mention that I love Keith Primeau? Did I mention that he has a younger brother, Wayne Primeau, who also was in the NHL? In the 1996-1997 season, Wayne Primeau played for the Buffalo Sabres. The Sabres and the Whalers played on April 7th, 1997. In the 2nd period, at 17:00, the Primeau brothers took part in an epic fight. Here is a video from youtube:
This was towards the end of the Hartford Whalers. However, it is a memorable fight that will always be associated with the last games played at the Hartford Civic Center. I thought it would be nice to show some history of Whalers games that I remember and even those I don't.

I have a new topic that I would like to discuss now. I have began to use a Twitter account to try to gain some attention about bringing back the Hartford Whalers. Since I am fairly new at Twitter and receive notifications from my personal Twitter account on my smartphone, I unfortunately did not see some replies to a previous tweet until today. However, I received so many more responses than I initially expected from people interested in the Whalers returning to Hartford. I can't believe it! I am so excited now; we definitely will be able to get #bringbacktheWhalers to trend on Twitter. Who knows, maybe the NHL will recognize our requests and a team will consider moving back to Hartford. None of our efforts will hurt.

Brass Bonanza

No comments:

Post a Comment